The following list was penned by local & delightful Jill Hohnstein
For those of us who live in or near (or like to visit) downtown Salem, the burgeoning bar/restaurant scene is offering a continually growing (and better) assortment of creative, tasty food and mouthwatering cocktails and beer.
But what you may not know is this has also improved the selection of non-alcoholic beverages, too. Indeed, I can find quality coffee, tea, soda and shrubs now.
Here is the list of the best, so far:
- Hot latte with milk alternative (almond milk): Archive.
- Iced coffee: Gayle’s.
- Black cup of brewed coffee: Andaluz.
- Good black coffee where you’d least expect it: La Margarita Express.
- Iced tea: Taproot and Archive (they have fizzy tea, too).
- Good iced tea where you’d least expect it: Kraftworks.
- Hot tea: Archive, Taproot or Gov Cup.
- Shrub: Taproot.
- Pellegrino: Gayle’s
- Soda: Kraftworks.
The following aren’t downtown, but they serve good NA drinks, too:
- Ginger ale: Vagabond.
- Iced latte with milk alternative (soy milk): Broadway.
- Cold-brew coffee: Broadway.
- Cheap hot tea: F/Stop.
- Kombucha on tap: F/Stop.