- Alcyone Cafe will soon offer dinner hours
- Salem to get Summer evening market
- Cinco de Micro Brewfest, May 3 & 4
- Jonathan's AIDS/LifeCycle 2013 fundraising dinner: Monday, May 20th
- It is official! Amadeus signed the lease for the old Coffee House Cafe Monday! Beginning of May 2013, they will be downtown!
- Big 'n' Burly Burrito Ital Cafe opening soon in Reed Opera House
- Rumor that Mexican sports/dance bar moving into old Roxxy's location
|Photo by Audrey Lawson|
Off Center (for sale) will remain open thru April
MacGregor's will become Hamilton's
Rafn's opening downtown Summer 2013 (stay tuned)
Bistro de Luce handed off to new owners
Nancy's Burgers & Fries-- in Keizer
Sushi Topia on State St--remodel & new owners
West Coast Pizza is coming to Keizer and Monmouth
Casey's Hotdogs is retiring and up for sale.
Yummy Bowl--S Commercial by Jamba Juice
Maven (old Super Pho location downtown)
(Teriyaki House on S Commercial near Office Depot has closed)
- Family visiting? Check out "best places to eat" for ideas on where to take them or "movie times" to see the latest releases
- Brunch? Eola Hills Winery, Ragin River Steak House, Orupa, Word of Mouth and Orchard Heights Winery are good choices
- Willamette Queen Sternwheeler has a regular schedule and special events
- Salem has 4 wine bars with regularly scheduled tastings/events: Santiam Wine Co., Grand Vines, Papa di vinos, Westside Wine Store, plus Willamette Valley Cheese tasting room
- Cooking classes: Lifesource Foods, Lullu's tutto cucina, La Margarita, Kelly's Home Center, Happy Curry Foods, Carl's Cuisine-503 363-1612
- Salem Public Market is open EVERY Saturday, 8:30 am - 2pm
- Ready for something different? Check out "Dinner at the Rafns'".
- Who doesn't like a good coupon?
- And of course, check out Travel Salem and our many mid-valley wineries to explore
- Looking for live music? Check out Your Place, Duffy's Hangar, Christo's Lounge, Venti's, Boon's Treasury, IKE Box, Governor's Cup, Half Penny, Fireside Lounge @Oregon Garden Resort, Gilgamesh, and Copper John's
- There's always something going on at Brown's Towne Lounge (click upper right hand Events tab)
- In the mood for some improv? Capitol City Theater
- Click on the following links for each theatre's calendar: The Elsinore, Historic Grand Theatre's, Pentacle Theatre
- Salem has 2 independent movie theaters: Northern Lights Theater Pub, Salem Cinema
- A list of Salem's numerous, must see art galleries.
- Take a walk--check out the walking tours on this local blog.
- Want to know where to find Salem's parks, children's museum, pools or other places of interest? Click here to see the city's map.
- If it's a bike route map you need, click here or here's a link for area runs.
- What's happening at the park? Here's a link to find out